Lödige ploughshare® mixers for batch operation "Universal Design"
We develop customised solutions, adapted perfectly to your application and product, for any of your tasks.
- Extremely high mixing quality
- Short mixing times
- Reproducibility of batches
- Gentle product treatment
- High availability
- Low-maintenance mixer concept
- Easy accessibility of all internal mixer components
- Multi-stage processes in one machine
The ploughshare mixer for batch operation uses the mixing and fluid process introduced to mixing technology by Lödige. High-quality mixes are achieved through equipment with tools which are adapted perfectly to the respective task.
For the sizes, please refer to the machine flyer.
The ploughshare shovels in special arrangement on a mixing shaft in a horizontal, cylindrical drum rotate closely to the wall. Their peripheral speed and geometric form are coordinated in such a way that the mix is moved out of the product bed against the centrifugal force and in axial direction at the same time. In addition, the shape of the shovels lifts the product particles from the drum wall. The mixing elements having a defined shape and a special arrangement on the shaft, they ensure not only a reliable product conveyance but also a sufficient back-mixing of the product. The so-called “mechanical” fluid bed generated in this way, whereby all the product is constantly involved in the process, ensures a maximum mixing intensity at even the highest throughputs and shortest residence times until the product is discharged out of the mixer via an outlet.
Thanks to their form adapted to individual application and the speed adjustment, Lödige ploughshare mixers can be used for a wide range of applications – for processing bulk solids (powdery, grainy, fibrous) or pumpable products.
Products of different bulk density and structure can be easily mixed.
Choppers can be additionally installed in the mixing drum to increase the turbulence in the mixing process. This also ensures the mixing of fine particles in small quantity and enables the dispersion of product agglomerations and primary particles.
The fluid bed generated mechanically achieves intensive separation of particles, especially in the upper area of the mixing drum. This optimizes the surface contact of the particles with liquids permitting lump-free mixing and homogeneous distribution.
Ploughshare® Mixers for batch operation type DBE meet the requirement for large throughput quantities and high quality mixed products in production-orientated batch operation. The construction of this type of mixer with an outlet opening along the entire length of the drum ensures almost residue-free discharge of the product in the shortest possible time.
- High quality products within minimum mixing time
- Shorter discharge times due to one-door discharging system
- Residual material < 0,1% due to 90° opening angle
- Long sercive life span due to special mixing elements
- Low maintenance seal system due to the single door
Range of application:
- Building materials
- Refractory materials
- Friction materials
- Animal feed
The discharging systems connected downstream to the mixer prevent segregation of the mix during transport to a packing machine or a silo/truck and are comprised of a combination of:
- Discharge silo
- Variable speed rotary valve
- Reversible belt conveyor
Liquid components can be added into the product in motion by the means of diverse feeding systems. Pipes for large liquid quantity or nozzles for smaller quantity in general are used. Due to exact positioning, the wetting of the mixer wall and main mixing shaft is avoided as far as possible. Choppers support the distribution effect of the liquids.
A product is automatically granulated when liquids are added to products which turn sticky in contact with a liquid or if they contain binding agents. This granulation effect can be more or less pronounced. Usually the bulk density of the product is increased as soon as it is subsequently dried. The particle size can be adjusted in a wide range depending on the product properties. The particle size can be increased too by addition of liquid or powder in a repeated manner. The use of choppers in such granulation processes can be of advantage. The liquid added is initially distributed in an effective manner, then the particle size is built up more homogeneously and finally the structure of each particle is more compact.
The intensive product movement enables the addition of liquid components to ensure coating of the particles. Molten fat for example can be preferably spread in a liquid form onto the particle surface in order to then recrystallize while cooling down. Cooling is performed in an effective manner by using liquid nitrogen or carbon dioxide snow which is added directly into the product. Further coating processes, like reaction coating, are deemed possible too.
The melting of the coating agent in a powdery product is also feasible in a mixer by heating up the powdery product to the melting point of the coating agent and then cooling down.
- Use of various materials based on their application (from structural steels to stainless steels to special materials)
- Chopper devices
- Jacket for heating and cooling
- Addition of liquids to solids (moistening + granulation)
- Batch mixer with large feeding door for manual feeding
- The machines are suitable for nearly all explosion protection zones
- Large inspection door
- Cleaning systems (WIP)
- Partial systems with feeding and/or draining systems
- Modern, user-friendly control system
Features "Universal Design"
- Application-specific wear protection for components in contact with the product
- Ceramic lining
- Plastic/rubber lining
- Tungsten-carbide welding
- Wear protection made of different carbide metals
- Large discharge door for very short discharge times (high throughput volumes)
- Easily replaceable mixing elements
Areas of application
Lödige ploughshare mixers are used for different mixing tasks in practically all industries. We have delivered over 35,000 machines in 80 years. This is a small excerpt of our applications in the:
- Processing metal ores
- Processing sintering mixes
- Processing carbon and graphite compounds
- Processing raw materials and compounds in the ceramics industry
- Processing non-ferrous metals in powder metallurgy
- Processing glass melts
- Processing welding and soldering agents
- Processing raw materials for the production of fire-proof products
- Processing sanding grain mixes
- Processing salts
- Processing EPS
- Master batches/powder coatings
- PVAL processing
- Processing polyolefins
- Processing (natural) rubber
- Powder injection moulding
- Processing solvent-based adhesives
- Components and additives
- Plasters/mortars/screed/blast-furnace cement
- Gypsum and plasterboards
- Adhesives, fillers and coloured joint mortar
- Structure protection
- Insulation systems
- Plates/stones/finished components
- Processing sludge and slurry
- Ground treatment
- Processing dust and ash
- Processing other raw materials/contaminated substances
- Production of battery masses
- Production of friction linings
- Production of fertilisers
- Production of animal feed
- Mixing of pigments and dyes
- Mixing of fire-proof compounds
- Production of detergents, wood and ligno substances
Certificates & approvals
When fulfilling your requirements, we leave nothing to chance!
We are regularly certified by recognized German and international testing centers.